- Our “New Directions for Women” TV show is in its 18th year. We produced 14 shows this year, number 219 was completed in December.
- Promote our goals using literature and personal contact at the League of Women Voters Annual Meeting, Morristown’s Festival on the Green, and Madison’s Bottle Hill day.
- We marched in the Morristown St Patrick’s Day Parade
- Attended the Governor’s Conference
- Lobbing in Trenton Support Funding of Women’s Heath
- Co-sponsor of a production of “Words of Choice”
- Attended the NOW National Conference
- Anti-Wal-Mart Rally in June
- Participated in the “Stop the Machine” / Occupy DC rally in Washington DC
- Petition (written and on line) to members of the House of Representatives. (written petition delivered to Rodney Frelinghuysen) to encourage them to co-sponsor the Campus Safety Act (HR 2016)
- Move the Money Conference
- 2011 Essay Contest
- March for Peace Equality Newark April 4th
- Women’s Healthcare Rally in Plainfield March 22nd (planed parenthood)
- Host the NOW-NJ state board meeting.
- Establish our Facebook page
- Established our Twitter feed (currently 265 subscribers)
- Participated in the Garden State Equality Walk.
- Gift wrapping fund raiser
- Garage sale fund raiser
- Connect with the members at large (by phone or mail) in Morris, Sussex and Warren and get them to affiliate. Remind members with expired or expiring membership to renew. Target: 1st Quarter 2012
- Set up “Members Corner*” on web site and newsletter. Target: Ten listings on line by Feb.
- Continue our education effort. Target: Two articles per newsletter cycle. At least one social media post per week.
- Organize a viewing of “MissRepresentation.” Target: Presentation by April 2012.
- Active involvement with the effort against Human Trafficking Target: participate with HTA or similar organizations by October 2012
- Essay contest by May.
- Organize 3 programs (speaker, film, etc.) in lieu business meetings during the 2012.
- Improve fundraising to break even for the 2012.
- Continue TV Show Production. Expand promotion of the YouTube site.
*”Members Corner” is a section of the newsletter and a new page on the web site that will categorize books, movies, news articles, etc. that are of interest to members. Entries in this section can include a short review by the member. This section is open to all members.